Wednesday, March 23, 2016

8 Tips How To Drink More Water

With January in the past, for most people, it means those new year resolutions fizzling out. We all know how it goes. Why? Well it could be youre overloaded with goals or youve jumped straight in at the deep end instead of taking small steps. 

Losing weight or living a healthier lifestyle are among some of the most common resolutions. With the motivation surge of the new year, we may turn to Google and ask How To Lose Weight?, How To Become Healthier?, Tips & Tricks For A Healthier Lifestyle. One thing that is consistent throughout practically all the information we come across is drink more water. 

We hear the importance of staying hydrated time and time again, but increasing our water intake can be such a hard task. It may be that you just love your cans of coke or cup of coffee, you cant stand the taste of water or you drink little fluid anyway. Trust me, I know the struggle. I use to enjoy my 3/4 cups of tea a day but not really drink much else throughout the day - even during the 7 hours of school. I always carried a bottle of cordial around and sometimes had a little sip, but other than that nothing. Its terrible I know. 

I suffered with headaches daily, therefore couldnt concentrate for long, and I felt a lot more tired than I should have. So, around this time last year I told myself I was going to increase my water intake! I now drink between 1-2 litres a day (in the summer its around 2-3), and I thought Id share a few things Ive learnt along the way.


1. Small Steps

Like with most things, youll probably struggle if you wake up one day and gulp down 3 litres. Set yourself goals each week and gradually increase the amount each time. I started off with just a small glass a day, then 2 ...


2. Have A Bottle With You Everywhere

Id suggest purchasing a good 1 litre water bottle, I got mine from Sports Direct for like £3. Fill it up, pop it in your bag, have it next to you on your desk etc. Make it a habit - like you take your phone or keys with you everywhere. Make sure you actually drink from it though! Haha


3. Gulp It Down First Thing

Linking with the tip above, have some water next to your bed and first thing in the morning have a good drink, not just a little sip, your body hasnt had anything for however many hours. It helps wake you up too!


4. Keep Having A Sip

Even if you arent thirsty, a little sip will help. I once read that when you reach the stage of wanting a drink, you are actually already dehydrated. So its always best to just have a sip every now an then.


5. Start Out With Flavoured Water

If you cant stand the taste of water, opt for flavoured water at first to help get yourself use to drinking more. Yes, it may not be the healthiest, but its a step. I use to pick up a litre bottle of Sainsburys still flavoured water each morning. 

Or you could flavour your own with cucumber, berries, limes etc 


6. Teas Count Too

This is similar to the one above. If you enjoy your hot drinks, I sure do, why not give herbal or fruit teas a go. Or you could even make them iced teas! It may take you a little while to find flavours you like, or you could love them straight away. But its a great way to increase your water intake - and also get the additional benefits of the tea.

One easy thing Ill suggest is squeeze half a lemon into a cup of boiled water, add in a bit of honey if youd like it sweeter, and enjoy it in the mornings. I love doing this each day. Ill link you to 10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning. Im working on finding teas that I like, so Ill be sure to let you know when I find some gooduns. 


7. Make It Classy

Grab a wine class and fill it up. I think wine glasses just make you feel superior and classy. It may sound a little strange but it worked for me, give it a go.


8. Accept Youll Need to Pee

Along with drinking more, comes needing to pee more. At first I got a little embarrassed at the fact I was constantly nipping to the loo, but the benefits of drinking more water definitely outweigh that tiny con.


Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment