Sunday, April 10, 2016

Cosy Christmas Eve

Thorntons chocolate advent calender and christmas tree with lights and baubles

 Usually it gets around to this day every year and Im rushing about doing lots of little things. But this year, somehow, I seem to be more organized and have got no last minute gift buying, wrapping, baking etc to do! Im pretty surprised at myself. All the gifts where sorted and wrapped by Sunday, the Christmas cakes were covered marzipan, left to dry and then iced by Monday, and mince pies and gingerbread where sorted on Tuesday.

Santa christmas cake and deer decorated christmas cake

 But as a result of this, it means I dont really have anything I have to do. So I thought what better way to spend the day than snuggled up watching endless Christmas films whilst drinking hot chocolate and tea with some delicious home made baked goods. 

Christmas films. Merry christmas mr bean. Rise of the guardians. The grinch. The polar express. Elf. The first snow of winter

Mince pies

Typical me in the kitchen, making a mess, as I ended up dropping one of the mince pies whilst transferring it from the tray to the cooling rack. I followed Deliciously Ellas mince meat recipe and then for the crust I combined oats, flour, coconut oil and stevia as we didnt have ground almonds or dates.

Gingerbread

If youre wondering why the gingerbread men have letters on, its so that my brothers have their own one, so there isnt any fighting over who gets what - Christmas isnt a time for arguing. I used this recipe from Skinnytaste and I highly recommend it, its delicious!

Id love to know how you have/are spending your Christmas eve. Im now going to watch another film and I wish you all a Happy Holiday. 

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment