Friday, April 29, 2016

A Little Collective Haul

haul

Over the past few weeks I have bought a few items and ,as I am mainly focusing on getting Christmas presents, I didnt go overboard. Looking at the picture above Ive realised how autumnal it looks - that was not intentional.

photo frames

First of all Ive been on a bit of a photo frame craze recently, as you are probably going to see, so Ive picked up a few from charity shops as I find they have more unique ones that typical stores and for great prices. The reason behind the purchase of 5, on the same day, being I have seen quite a few walls of frames on pinterest and it has inspired me to create my own. I have gone for a gold theme, but I want to add one or two odd ones out. Also as I have already hung a few up, Ive decided to fill them with seasonally related things - which I will need to be swapping within the next few weeks for Christmas ahhh!

The two above came as a pair for £1.50.

picture frame
decorative picture frame

I absolutely love this one and the very small decorative boarders and was only 50p.

picture frame
picture frame

This one was £1.50, the fine distressed detail adds a really nice subtle effect.
   
bakery fresh angel food cake cinnamon pecan scented candle

I popped into savers to pass time the other day and picked up this candle, from a brand Ive never heard of or seen, and this one in particular swayed me to trying it - it was only £2.

the snow child book by eowyn ivey

I keep meaning to read more, now that I have got through my texts for English, but I have this thing where I buy books and then put them on my shelf and say to myself  Ill start reading that this week but never do. The book then ends up sitting there for a while, whilst I carry on buying new books. But this caught my eye when I was getting the photo frames and I felt like it may be a bit magical, and because of the wintry setting, would be a good thing to read coming into winter. For 50p I couldnt resist. 

I actually started it when I got home, Im currently 9 chapters in and really enjoying it. Its a pretty easy read, a nice break from Shakespeare, and as I am someone who hates putting a book down in the middle of a chapter, this book with its 6-12 (ish) page chapters is perfect for me.

Obviously, as I am only near the beginning I cant tell you too much about it, maybe I will when I finished it, I dont know. But for now Ill just share the blurb - 

Alaska, the 1920s, Jack and Mabel have staked everything on a fresh start in a remote homestead, but the wilderness is a stark place, and Mabel is haunted by the baby she lost many years before. When a little girl appears mysteriously on their land, each is filled with wonder, but also foreboding - is she what she seems, and can they find room in their hearts for her?
        
blazer
blazer

I picked this blazer up quite a few weeks ago from a charity shop, when I was visiting a university - I cant remember where. My mum actually picked it out for me and I was expecting it to be £8-£10 simply because it was amazing quality and in such good condition, but it was only £1! £1! I was not going to pass it up. However, I didnt like the shoulder pads in it as I really do not suit anything like that, so I have taken them out and now sits so much better.

jumper dress

collared jumper dress

I also picked up this jumper dress, from Primark for £12, quite a few weeks back but only wore it for the first time last week and it is so comfortable! When I first spotted it I was sold. It has a collar, is jumper material and is grey. I was with my dad at the time and he literally said it sums me up.   



Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment