Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tis The Season Christmas Tag

Tis the season tag

ITS DECEMBER! That means its officially OK to put up the tree and decorations, wear Christmas jumpers, play Christmas music on repeat and watch all the classic Christmas films. To be honest I have been doing the last two since around the end of September, beginning of October, simply because that is when I started preparing the Christmas cake.

I would have loved to have done blogmas, but I havent had the chance to plan or pre write anything so Id end up getting super stressed instead of enjoying the holiday period. Basically, Ive had a ton of work to do because my procrastination habits slipped back in a few weeks back and that meant I was doing everything last minute (clever me). I really hope to do it next year though!

This morning, I brainstormed a bunch of ideas that I hope to do over the coming weeks, which might help me get organized again. But I thought Id start of the beginning of the season with The Christmas Tag, I spotted on the lovely Ariadnas (Rawr Bows) blog. 

1. Whats your favourite Christmas film?
I cant pick just one but obviously The Grinch and Elf; I dont know anyone who doesnt love those two.  Not only do I love both their animation A Christmas Carol tells a great classic story and The Polar Express  is just so magical (I may find myself crying with happiness at it). 
christmas film the grinch, elf, the polar express, the christmas carol
2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes, and Im thankful I get to experience the special magic feeling it brings at the time of year. They where much better when I was younger, I remember one year we had to have Christmas dinner early and relatives had to leave mid afternoon otherwise they probably wouldnt have made it home.

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Ive always spent it at home.

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
I honestly dont thing I can pick, not even a few.

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas eve?
No, how could we? Santa Clause hasnt been. 

6. Can you name all of Santas reindeer?
Me and my friend tried doing this the other day and werent that bad.
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Bltizen and there is one more....RUDOLPH. I used to think there was one called Olive?!

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
I cant think of any special traditions we do. I suppose going for a walk with my brothers on Christmas eve and seeing the way too excited.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake. We always used to get a real one, and I miss that!

9. What is your all time favourite holiday food or sweet treat?
All food at this time of year is amazing. Im a huge fan of Christmas cake and Christmas pudding, especially with rum sauce mmmmm (I dont understand when people say they dont like them, theyre delicious!!!) There are certain chocolates I only eat at Christmas time - Terrys Chocolate Orange, Toblerone, Ferrero Rocher. Believe it or not I love brussel sprouts! My stomachs rumbling thinking about it all.
christmas food treats, christmas cake, christmas pudding, toblerone, terrys chocolate orange, ferrero rocher

10. Be honest do you like receiving or giving gifts?
I love giving gifts, especially when I know its something perfect for them or what they want. But receiving gifts is special as it makes me thankful for the people around me.

11. Whats the best Christmas gift youve ever received?
Its probably between my cozy coupe that I received when I was two or my keyboard a few years ago - I played with both constantly for the rest of the day, and the following days.
  
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holidays?
Id love to visit New York before Christmas day and then Christmas day would be amazing spent skiing and staying in a cute, cosy cabin.

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I get all excited wrapping presents, I do try to and make the gifts all cute and pinteresty, but it doesnt really work out.

14. Most memorable holiday moment?
Theres two, and they both happened the same year. On the 23rd my brothers where sledging and the youngest was heading towards a bin, stuck his foot out and hurt himself. We left it overnight thinking it was just a bang, but took him A&E on Christmas eve to find out hed fractured his leg and he was meant to stay in over Christmas. But because he was singing and laughing the doctors sent him home late Christmas eve, with a cast from his hip to his foot. The second being on Christmas morning, when we where all together in my parents room drinking tea before heading downstairs. My grandma was sat the bed and ,from laughing, fell off. It was a had to be there moment but everyone laughed about it the whole day. 

  15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
I was actually very unwilling to know the truth. But then my mums friend just blatantly told me and inside I was a little upset.

16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
No, because 1. I know I wont stick to it 
2. I can never think of anything.
I do have some ideas for next year though.

17. What makes the holidays special for you?
Personally, I enjoy buying gifts. I see it as a way to thank and show appreciation to my family and friends.   


This was actually really fun and I tag you to do it too! 

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment