Friday, April 29, 2016

Angel Food Cake Candle Bakery Fresh

bakery fresh angel food cake cinnamon pecan scented candle

So the other week I was, for some reason, a bit too early getting to college for lesson so I decided to wander round town to pass time and ended up popping into savers. I thought it would be a good idea as I am on the look out for a new shampoo and conditioner (if you have any suggestions feel free to leave them in the comments). But me being me I got distracted by other things and didnt leave the shop with a shampoo and conditioner in mind, instead it was this candle.  

I picked this candle up the next day, as I didnt have any money on me originally, and began burning it as soon as I got home. Normally, I dont buy candles even though I do enjoy them, the main reason for this being that I really dont like the majority of scents. I only really like the sweeter smells but ,when I have previously bought sweet smelling candles, they have been to overpowering and left me with a headache - does anyone else get this? 

bakery fresh angel food cake cinnamon pecan scented candle

The smell of cinnamon and pecan is very subtle, I would say it has a stronger vanilla scent. In addition to this there is the sweetness of something like honey in the candle. Im not the best at describing scents so I did have the addition of my mums nose and her opinions.   

It was only £1.99 for this 11oz jar - which is fantastic!

However, it only has two wicks and as a result of this, I am left with a chunk of non melted wax at one side. This my eventually collapse in on itself, but thats hard to tell yet as Ive only burned it 4-5 times. Also I have made the mistake of picking it up by the lid and having it go crashing towards my foot, it was very painful indeed, so you have to be weary of the fact the lid doesnt securely or tightly screw on. 

But overall, its an amazing, decently sized candle, with a great warm and cosy scent which is perfect for this time of year to just have burning in the background.  

bakery fresh angel food cake cinnamon pecan scented candle

In a nutshell

+ Smells amazing and isnt overpowering
+ Great price for the size of the candle

- Having only 2 wicks means you are left a side of unburned wax

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment