Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My Most Embarrassing Moments

18 years ago today, on the 18th March 1997, I was born. What does that mean? I can now go out to pubs and clubs in the evenings, legally buy alcohol, have a nice alcoholic beverage with my meal at restaurants etc...Lets face it, I probably wont do that. Ill probably still spend my Friday and Saturday nights tucked up in bed with a cup of tea and a good film. Not to mention the fact that I still look about 12.

Within those 18 years (wow, I dont know whether that makes me feel quite old saying that...), Ive done quite a few embarrassing, awkward or just plain weird things. The other week, whilst I was re-watching some of Dan (danisnotonfire) and Phils (amazingphil) videos in which they seem to constantly share their embarrassing moments, it got me thinking about mine. I jotted down the first few that came to mind and thought itd be kind of funny to share them. Here goes...

My most embarrassing moments

The Stage Incident

So I did music as one of my GCSEs and part of the course was to perform as an ensemble. Our group decided we would enter a local competition that was auditioning around different schools - this itself was a bad idea to start with as I literally cannot perform well in front of people, Im just prone to mess up. Im happy with just a small audience of myself. For this reason I simplified my part right down to just basic chords. 

It came to performance time, in front of a hall full of other students and the judges, and I had to open the piece. The moment I pressed down on the keys, I had made a mistake! Completely the wrong notes and you could tell! I couldnt cover it up so I literally stood up and said something along the lines of oops, wait...oh dear I did it...let me start again. Bearing in mind I am quite quiet, shy and one of those that only really speaks around friends.

The reaction from the audience was split. There were those that did one of those what the heck? not funny laughs (not the HAHAHA type of laugh more like a ha -hopefully you know what I mean). Then there was those that just sat in silence that made the situation awkward.

The Bus Incident

I was spending the day in Manchester with some friends and was using the buses for the first (and last) time. My friends had already gone and sat down whilst I was getting my ticket. In my town we dont have a panel between us and the driver, so normally they can somewhat clearly hear me. I was trying to tell the driver where I was going and the people behind me started getting annoyed,well I kind of repeat myself about 5 times, as well as the driver frustratingly repeating what?!. As I knew that the ticket only cost £1, I simply held up my £1 and shouted pound - making me look like an incapable human being in front of a bus full of people. 

I often do speak too quietly, but I didnt realised it so much until this happened.

The Misheard Incident

Around Christmas time one year I was walking home and bumped into a family friend, who was busy running tidying out the car or something. She started a causal conversation on the generic how are you? kind of topics - basically small talk, which Im no good at. Then she asked me if I was all set for Christmas? and I replied with you too and happily walked off. It was only when a few seconds later when I realised what she had said. I though she had said Merry Christmas... 

The Mistaken Car Incident

Whilst walking to school one morning, my friend and her dad passed in their car; very kindly they turned down a side street to give me lift. As I turned down the street I spotted, what I thought to be, their car and got in. There wasnt anyone in the car and I just assumed theyd gone into the shop, so I sat a waited for a few moments. But then I looked up and saw my friend and her dad sat in a car across the road... 

Luckily the person, whose car I was in, didnt see me. But Im still confused as to why they had left it unlocked and unattended.



Whenever these types of moments pop into my head, I want to shrivel up into a ball of embarrassment and other times I laugh way more than I should at them. 

Id love to know what your most embarrassing moments are!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment