Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Batch Of Birthday Cupcakes

Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes recipe

Happy new year! I hope you all had a wonderful 2014 - I feel like Im still stuck in 2012. Whether you where in full blown party mode or asleep by 9pm, Id love to know how you spent new years eve. Also have you made any resolutions/goals for the new year, I shared mine the other day in this post.

Usually, on new years we have another big meal like at Christmas and, since its also my brothers birthday on the 1st January, it means more cake. The food galore continues! But as we still have half a Christmas cake left, a big box of biscuits and a years worth supply of chocolate, I opted to baked a small batch of cupcakes. I thought Id share this little bake with you.

Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes recipe



I mainly used the Healthier Mini Vanilla Cupcakes from EatGood4Life, but halved the recipe which made 8 cupcakes. However, I think I put a little too much in each case and I could of made an extra one - which would have been perfect as my brother turned 9. I also went half and half using brown and white sugar.  

Measurements I used :
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1/8 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence 
Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes recipe

Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes recipe
Lets face it this is what baking for the majority of people looks like, well I hope its not just me, spilling the mixing everywhere. 
Also, there was some left over chocolate in the cupboard, from making Christmas treat gifts. So I half filled the cupcake cases, melted down the chocolate, placed a spoonful of chocolate in the centre of each case and then put another spoonful of cake batter on top. They turned out wonderfully. I think this is a brilliant little go to recipe and can easily be jazzed up by simply adding some icing. 


Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment