Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Backwards At Coming Forward


Do you have an idea what this blog post could be about? Okay, so the title may not make any sense to you, but I bet that after reading what it means youll think of something similar - relating to you.

Backwards at coming forwards is a little saying Ive been brought up on, my dad has always used it to describe me. Up until a few months ago I never really fully understood what he meant by it.

Shyness. A shy looking child


I have always been known as a quiet, shy person whos never thrown themselves into anything. Therefore when it comes to taking steps in life, either big or small, I have stepped backwards - metaphorically speaking. So something as simple as walking into a shop to ask for a job has been seen as a no go event for me, instead of taking that chance and opportunity I dont do anything about it and remain in the same position.

There are so many more examples I could use, such as making new friends, talking to boys, taking part in something completely new and out my comfort zone. Im sure that as youre reading this little situations are popping into your head where this saying could apply to you.

I actually just searched the saying on Google and it turns out its not something my dad came up with - which I originally thought. The Cambridge dictionary online has a definition stating it is to be shy and not often express wishes or opinions. So I suppose theres many others out there who are the same.

But the reason for this post is I want to change that! Ive wanted to set up a blog for quite some time now and ,after finally understanding why I dont seem to be achieving the things I would like, Im doing it - and keeping at it! Enough putting things off and waiting for others to push and guide me. I no longer want to be backwards at coming forwards.

Can you think of any situations where this applies to you?



Infuse your life with action. Dont wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not be passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on earth - Bradley Whitford





Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment