Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The First One Bites The Dust


Its a loving evening so I thought Id write a blog post, sat outside in the shade of my garden. Seeing as my room feels the same temperature as a greenhouse during this part of the day. But now instead Im being attacked by flies, why can you never escape them during summer!

So Im currently one week into my summer holidays. I feel so lost. Its not that I never had free time while at college, I just dont know how to fill my time! During term time when I get bored of procrastinating on the internet I can turn to doing work or something else that should be my main priority. Because of this Ive actually made a start on completing my summer bucket list and already managed to cross one thing off. Ive actually surprised myself as I thought Id be cramming and crossing within the last week!

Swimming gear. Water bottle, goggles, comb, herbal essences shampoo and conditioner, towel, swimming costume, shower gel, Moroccan oil


Let me tell you that not going swimming in 7 years really takes its toll on your swimming abilities. Not to mention the fact I through my goggles away a fair bit ago. At least I only went in the shallow side of the pool, right? Nope. I was wrong. I decided to start off with breast stroke, as I thought it would be easier to do without goggles than front crawl, not even half a length in and I had to stop. Panting, gasping for air, water in my eyes and up my nose - I looked like an idiot! And of course people noticed. Great.

There was one man who stopped next to me and started to make the okay hand signal, after saying I was fine, he then pointed to his ears and stated he was deaf. Now, I know some deaf people dont speak either and instead just mime. It was just my luck this guy was one of them. I honestly wouldnt have minded if I was wearing my glasses. But because I dont own contact lenses, not being able to clearly see 30cm in front of you really sucks, and I couldnt read his lips. I had no clue what he was saying to me and I felt so rude. Besides, I couldnt exactly go face to face with this stranger. So I just kind of signalled okay and swam off (well attempted too).

What happened next? Well I felt like the lifeguards where maybe concerned about me as one came and sat around the shallow side of the pool. But, of course, I couldnt see if they where watching me look like a drowning dog or not because every time I glanced at them they where just a blurry peachy blob (short-sighted problems). Any fellow glasses wearers out there, is it just me who feels naked when Im not wearing them?

I have managed to go for a second time today - with goggles. Let me tell you they make a huge difference. Wow. However, my stamina, yeah thats still rock bottom.

Have any of you managed to cross things off your summer bucket lists?



Practice doesnt make perfect. Practice reduces imperfection. - Toba Beta

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment